PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI)
Are you ready to join the ranks of the dedicated professionals who teach the world’s most progressive and popular scuba diver education programs?
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course is the second component of the PADI Instructor Development Course (PADI IDC). During the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) training you are introduced to the entire PADI System of diver education and concentrates on further developing your abilities as a professional dive educator.
You’ll begin networking with other professionals and begin to explore PADI Pro Diving Jobs worldwide. You’ll also have the opportunity to continue your professional education by participating in specialty instructor courses, which train you to teach specialties after instructor certification.
As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you will be able to:
- Teach the entire range of PADI core programs up to PADi Divemaster.
- Acquire Specialty Instructor ratings in areas that are of interest to you.
- All classroom, pool, and dives are included
- Duration – 6 Days
- Dives – 3
- 18 years old
- PADI Assistant Instructor with PADI IDC eLEarning completed.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 60 dives to begin the course. To attend the PADI Instructor Exam, you will need 100 dives logged in order unless you take five classes before or after the OWSI program.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- PADI IDC Crew Pak (not included in a la carte course fee). Includes: PADI’s Guide to Teaching manual w/Binder & CD and info sheet, Specialty Course Instr. Manual, Instructor Cue Cards: Confined Water, AOW, OW, Rescue Diver, & Divemaster, Open Water Multilingual Prescriptive Lesson Guides CD-ROM (E,S), Diving Knowledge Workbook, OW Lesson Planning Slate, Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate, Student Skill Practice Slate, OW Quizzes & Exams, Divemaster & Rescue Diver Exams, PPB Instr. Guide, Positive Approach Selling DVD, Instructor Application, Evaluation Enrollment Form, Certificate of Completion, Candidate Info & Training Record Form, Blue Hologram Decal, PADI Backpack
- PADI Dive Theory Online (Optional but strongly recommended)
- Assistant Instructor Application Fee
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and booties)
- Scuba equipment including compass, timing device, cutting tool, audible and visible signaling devices such as an SMB and whistle.
- Tanks and Weights provided
- A la carte: Tuition – $1099, PADI IDC Crewpack – $598.05 (SeaXP will price match), PADI Instructor application fee – $156, PADI Instructor Examination Fee – $625
- All Inclusive: $2299 – Save $179.05
Sea Experience is located in beautiful Fort Laduerdale, FL and full service PADI Career Development Center licensed by the Commission for Independent Education through the Florida Department of Education. This ensures that your training is provided by a facility that meets the strictest standards not only required by PADI but also the State of Florida. The dive shop, classroom, pool, dive boats and accommodations are all in one location. You will receive complete professional scuba career training with a facility that not only trains all levels of scuba diving but also does daily scuba dives on the local reefs and wrecks and welcomes group dive trips. This means you are immersed in the scuba diving lifestyle that only an active dive center can provide.