Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do. As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals who are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
During the PADI Divemaster course, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You will complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems and help others improve their scuba diving abilities. You will put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises. As you progress through your Divemaster course, you’ll expand your diving knowledge, hone your skills and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you’ll use these attributes to lead, mentor and motivate other scuba divers and experience the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic realm.
- All lectures and pool sessions
- 12 Open water dives
- PADI Application Fee
- Duration – 9 Days
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organization) course completion within the past 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives to begin the course and 60 for certification. If you start the Divemaster course with less than 50 dives you will need to make arrangements to get the additional 10 dives needed to qualify for certification at an additional cost.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- Divemaster Crew Pak (includes Divemaster Manual & Slates, PADI Instructor Manual, PADI Professional Training Log, Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving, DSD Cue Card, Scuba Tune-Up book, RDP Table or ERDPML with instructions for use and PADI Pro Bag (not included in a la carte course fee)
- PADI Dive Theory Online (Optional for a la carte but strongly recommended.)
- PADI Diving Knowledge Workbook (Optional)
- PADI E-Learning Divemaster Academics online (Optional and saves time spent in classroom) $259
- Snorkeling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins, and booties)
- Scuba equipment (rental is available)
- Tanks and Weights provided
- Required accessories for Divemaster course dives
- A la Carte: Tuition – $1200, PADI Divemaster Crewpack – $424.30 (SeaXP will price match), PADI application fee – $128 and PADI Dive Theory E-Learning – $144
- All Inclusive: $1799 – Save $97.30!
Your Next Adventure
Sea Experience is located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is full service PADI Career Development Center licensed by the Commission for Independent Education through the Florida Department of Education. This ensures that your training is provided by a facility that meets the strictest standards not only required by PADI but also the State of Florida. The dive shop, classroom, pool, dive boats and accommodations are all in one location. You will receive complete professional scuba career training with a facility that not only trains all levels of scuba diving but also does daily scuba dives on the local reefs and wrecks and welcomes group dive trips. This means you are immersed in the scuba diving lifestyle that only an active dive center can provide.